Sunday, November 11, 2012

Story: Chapter 2 (Part 1)

A/N: Hi guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't post anything about my story for so long. I was doing a lot of editing and rewriting to fit the story because I had so many ideas!! Finally, I stick to this one instead. The first and second part of this chapter is going to be narrated in Camille's grandpa's angle. I was so stressed thinking, "This is so hard, thinking like an old wise man".
Anyway, read on! I hope you guys like it! Comment ok? >3<
=========================================================
~R.K. (Robert Kingstone) POV~
            “Thank you for purchasing from Kingstone’s Bookstore”, I said with a smile as I handed the purchased item to the female customer. She took the bestselling book titled, “Fifty Shades of Grey” and headed to the door. The bell that is situated on top of the door rang as she pushed it open.
            After that, it was silent. I looked around the store to make sure that no else is around. I checked my watch and took note that a package delivery will come at 9.05 am—which is exactly one hour from now. “Yes, there would be enough time to try that”, I said, thinking out loud.
            I went to the back corner of the store where the book racks were covering the spot and tapped the cracked wall three times before whispering, “Ardor”. Then, I quickly closed my eyes when I felt a sudden strong wind circling around me and lifted me into the air. A few moments later, I felt my shoes touching the ground again and the wind died down. I opened my eyes and found myself in a dimly-lit room with only a few candles as source of light. Bottles and glass tubes are arranged neatly in one side of the room and a large rack of old books can be seen on the other side of the room.
            “As usual, the teleport magic is basic but it never failed to function properly. Unlike others”, I said, basically to no one. One of the habits that I developed over the years is saying what I’m thinking out loud. This might have developed due to the fact that I’m usually alone in the bookstore—also when I’m in this certain room. Before I own the bookstore, I found the secret passage to this room by accident. I decided to gather all my savings and buy the store from the previous owner to make use of the secret passage with free will. This happened right before my deceased friend’s grandchildren first came to the house.
            “Now, let’s start working. This time, for sure, I’m going to get it right.”
============================================
On with the next part! ^^

2 comments:

  1. Oooh bookstore huh? I likee haha Fifty shades of grey ;)) xDD ohh you hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ardor"? What language is that?

    ReplyDelete