Sunday, November 11, 2012

Story: Chapter 2 (part 3)

A/N: I enjoy writing this part. Please enjoy! That would totally make me happy!
=================================================
~Camille POV~
            “Grandpa? Is that really you?” I said when the elderly man suddenly hugged me. “Yes”, the man said softly, trying to hold in a sob. He loosened his hug and he looked at my face. “After these last few years…I couldn’t…” Grandpa said as he wiped his tears forming in his eyes.
Years? I’ve just arrived”, I said, correcting my grandfather. Grandpa immediately stopped touching his face and looked at me with a confused look. “What do you mean, child? 3 years have passed since I last saw you and your parents”, he said.
I shook my head. “No, Grandpa. I’ve only just arrived from the…um…incident in the village”, I glanced at Benjamin, who’s staring at us from a distance, not sure if I can trust him or not. Who knows if he’s in a pact with that evil witch?
“What?” Benjamin said. Grandpa grabbed my shoulders and looked me from top to bottom. “This is not possible! That damned witch! This must be her doing!” he said as he pushed me. I wanted to believe it was an accident but he pushed me until I almost tripped.
“Whoa, gramps! Carrie almost fell!” Benjamin said.
 “It’s Camille”, I said again after so many times. “And I’m fine”.
“Whatever, he still pushed you. He should at least apologize”, he said, ignoring me completely. Didn’t I just say that I’m fine? He told Grandpa to at least apologize but Grandpa just ignored him and rummaged through the contents of the drawers behind the counter. If anyone would ask, I would deny that he’s my grandfather because in front of me, he is a mad man who keeps muttering the word “witch”.
           I was about to stop Grandpa when I noticed something's wrong; my body won't move. It's like I've been stopped by cold, invisble hands. I tried to move my legs but they won't budge. Then, I felt cold hands on my shoulders and immediately I stopped struggling. Who are you? I wanted to ask but my throat went dry.
             Then, I heard this person's voice whispered in my ear. A woman's voice.
            "Give...him...back..."            
            “Gramps, stop it already!” Benjamin's voice snapped out of my frozen stance. By then, Benjamin managed to stop Grandpa from creating chaos with another drawer but Grandpa kept on resisting. I pushed my confusion aside and helped Benjamin calm him down but our efforts are failing. Grandpa kept swinging his arms to loosen Benjamin’s grip on him and I have to avoid his fists when he swings them around. Finally, he punched Benjamin in the jaw making him unconscious.
            “Benjamin!” I shouted when I ran to his side. He was lying on the ground on his right side, still breathing. This is going too far. I grabbed a book with a hard cover on the counter and hit my grandfather in the head. He immediately collapsed to the ground, leaving me with two unconscious people to take care of.
            “This is going well...” I said when I noticed the aftermath of the struggle in the shop.
==================================
What happened with Camille's grandfather? Whose voice that whispered to Camille does it belong to? And who does she meant when she said 'Give him back'?
Wuahahaha!! Cliffhanger!! Comment please! *grins*

3 comments:

  1. Again. Please combine them next time! Pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you should combine it I think that would be much easier to read and comment it overall :3

    ReplyDelete