Friday, May 25, 2012

Story: Chapter 1 (Part 3-originally from part 1)

A/N: The 3rd part of the chapter as promised! Thanks for commenting, Lonelyness! I will support your story by commenting too!! ^^

~Camille POV~

I screamed as loud as I can before running. When I started running, the skeleton only tilts its head and tried to open its jaw like he wanted to say something. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have the vocal chords like he used to when it’s alive. So, it moved as carefully as it can to make sure the bones still stick together while I ran like the wildest horse, not caring if I broke a rib or two.


At last, I reached the outside world, panting. I closed the door, knowing that the moving skeleton is going to take a long time to reach the entrance. I ran around the bell tower where I last saw Grandpa. As expected, he was there waiting with his back facing the wall. “Camille, I heard your scream! What happened?!” he half-shouted and half-whispered, worried that someone might hear him. I explained quickly and he relaxed a bit. "As long as you're alright", he sighed.

I realised that he was holding the pouch over his shoulder where a potruding bone threatens to tear my grandfather’s skin. When he put away the red pouch, the protruding bone is gone! It has been cured! I let out a gasp of amazement when Grandpa stretched his arm and not groaning in pain when he did. “Good as new”, he said to himself as he grinned. He saw me with my jaw dropped and laughed softly. “I’ll explain to you later”, he just said.

Suddenly, I felt many people surrounded us and one of them pointed his sword at me. “Don’t move a muscle”, the man behind me warned. I felt trapped because I couldn’t take out the knife because I know that the men around us can hurt us much better than me.

“My, my, such a lovely party we have here”, a sickly sing-song voice suddenly sounded behind us—a voice that I now hated so much. I looked at where the voice was and there she was; Septima. She snatched the red pouch from Grandpa’s hand. He glared at her when she said, “Thank you, Robert for fetching us a special ingredient for our plan”. I assume when she mentioned ‘them’ that she meant her and her henchmen.

What I didn’t expect was a green slate-looking stone fell from the red pouch onto the old lady’s open palm. ‘All my hard work for a stone?!’ I thought angrily.

“What?! That’s your plan for killing the phoenix?! Using a harmless stone?!” the man behind me shouted, frustrated. “Quiet, Fresnar! Don’t you know that this is a scale from a jade dragon?! I assure you that it can stop the phoenix from attacking the village—and your family”, the old lady huffed. “Hmph! How do you plan to do that, Septima? The only good thing about the ‘oh-so mighty dragon scale is that it’s shiny!” Fresnar spat, obviously not convinced with Septima’s words.

Septima just smiled and walked towards the front of the bell tower. “Do not go in there!” Grandpa warned, unexpectedly. “There’s an evil spirit that resides in that tower. If you go in there, your life is at risk!” Grandpa continued. Septima just laughed. “Oh my, Robert, don’t you know that it’s essential for a spirit as dark as the one in the tower to be sacrificed to activate the power in this scale?” she mocked. Though I heard everything correctly, I do not understand a word they just said. It’s like they spoke in a different language entirely.

Before Grandpa can open his mouth, I heard Fresnar groaned. I turned to see that he was holding his arm. It was bleeding! “Wh-what happened?!” he shouted. Then I felt something whooshed past me and another man was bleeding. It happened again a few more times but even faster with every blow. Then, in less than a moment I realised all the men are lying on the ground, dead.

“What, who killed my men?! Answer me, Kingstone!” Septima shouted as she approached Grandpa. “It wasn’t me, I swear”, Grandpa told her. “But I did”, said a voice so familiar. I almost cried with joy when I saw my father holding hands with my mother, so relieved that they saved me and Grandpa.

“Mother! Father!” I cried as I ran to them and hugged them. Father hugged me back and Mother almost squeezed me to death with her tight but warm hug. “Oh my, such an interesting reunion; a family of witches? This is the luckiest day of my life!!” Septima laughed maniacally. ‘A family of witches? What is she talking about? Is she crazy?’ I thought.

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew around us—no, the howling wind came from Septima!

“Tonitru ventus!” cried Septima. The wind threw my parents, Grandpa and me backwards into the wall of the tower, causing us to pass out.

“We will meet again in the future”, Septima whispered before darkness finally overwhelmed me.

════

A/N: Cliffhanger!! Lol...Comment ok? ;D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment