Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Story: Prologue

A/N: 'Sup guys? As promised, exam's over and I just finished editing the prologue but not the 1st chapter. I'm still going to post the 1st chapter anyway. Don't forget to comment. I need feedback to improve. Btw, I changed the so-called mysterious man's name to Kingstone. If you don't know what I mean, check the previous post where I wrote the sneak peak to the story. The name was suggested by my lil' sis. Now, on with the story!

══════       
~Prologue~
“Mother, can you tell me a story?”


The young woman turned to face her four-year-old daughter who is already tucked in her lavish bed, waiting for a story to unfold from her beautiful lips.

“Alright, I will tell you about a king who has two sons. One of them lo-“

“Wait, not yet!” the little girl said as she adjusted herself into a sitting position. “Now, I’m ready to listen”. The woman smiled. She too, adjusted herself on the bed and begins to tell the story that was passed down from her father whose mother passed it to him previously.

Once upon a time, in a faraway country, lives a young prince. This prince loves to sail on adventures with his two closest friends but one day, he was stabbed by a siren. They trespassed into her territory without realising but it’s not just any territory, it was a phoenix’s resting place and the siren is her guardian.


Although the siren threatened to kill them if they do not leave, the prince insisted to continue the journey without disturbing the phoenix’s resting place. The siren angered by the prince’s harsh words, stabbed him where his heart lay and the prince instantly died. Both the prince’s closest friends avenged him by killing the siren with their bewitched arrows.


Before she died, the siren muttered a powerful curse onto her murderers. ‘When you return to your homeland, each of you will bring calamity to your family and your descendants have to forage on the dirt for happiness,’ she cursed before she breathed her last breath.


When they went back to their country, they delivered the news of the prince’s death and corpse to the king. When he saw his son’s corpse, he became very depressed but held a funeral for the prince with a calm face. Although he dislikes his son’s friends, he forgave them for what they did and allowed them to attend the funeral. He offered his help to break the curse, but as humble as they are, the prince’s friends refused.


So, they went back to their own homes but like the siren’s curse foretold, both themselves and their families fell ill. When the news spread to the king’s ears, he immediately sailed to the phoenix’s resting place. He called out to the phoenix on a boulder in front of the resting place, ‘Awaken o beast of fire! Save my dead son’s friends from their curse!’ The phoenix, awaken by the king’s summon, tested him.


‘My dear king, as you know, I have the power to back the dead. Don’t you not wish your son to live once more?’ said the phoenix. ‘Phoenix, I too wished to be with my son but Death has taken him far within from anyone’s reach. Though, as a king, I wished that my people will be safe and living a blissful life,’ the king replied, solemnly. The phoenix, astounded by the king’s brave and honest reply, gave him her tears.


‘These, my king, are my tears. These can save your son’s friends from the siren’s curse and they can do many things beyond your imagination. Keep them in a vial in a place somewhere safe’, said the phoenix. When the king returned to his country, he used a few drops of the tears to break the curse. The whole country celebrated with a big feast when the curse was lifted.


Just like the phoenix instructed, the king put the tears in a vial and kept in a room in the castle where only the king knows and only him and his bloodline can enter.

The young woman finished the story when she saw that her daughter finally closed her eyes. She chuckled softly before she tucked the little girl’s body under the duvet. She kissed her forehead and whispered, “Sweet dreams, my beloved Camille. You’re going to need it in the future”.

════

A/N: Comment now!! >.< I'm dying to know what you guys would say. Chapter 1 coming up!

2 comments:

  1. Its a good way to start. It gets me anticipating and I can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminded me of Harry Potter somehow, its pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete